RISE Center offers transition services to students living with disabilities to help make their transition from school to post-secondary life a smooth one. Our transition services focus on students learning the necessary skills for them to gain meaningful employment or attend college, or vocational schools. To be successful, students will need these skills to pursue their interests and passions to live independently within their communities.
These services include:
RISE student workshops create transitional links between school experiences and community participation. Workshop topics include (among others): cooking, nutrition and wellness, assistive technology, self-advocacy, self-esteem, and legislative processes.
Individual Education Plan (IEP) Assistance
RISE Center staff assists students and families with the development of individual education plans and understanding the IEP process. Furthermore, staff will help with integrating independent living skills and personal development into the IEP.
Individual Student Services
RISE Center offers students with disabilities one-on-one skill development. These individualized services address areas specifically identified by the student.
- AffordableCollages.Com’s Guide to Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities
- Apply Texas
- Assistive Technology Industry Association
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Transition Resources for Texas
- Department of Education
- Department of Education – Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE)
- Department of Labor
- Disability Resources Monthly
- Education Development Center
- Independent Living Research Utilization (ILRU)
- Independent Living USA
- Job Accommodation Network: JAN
- National Business & Disability Council
- National Rehabilitation Association
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- Research and Training Center on Independent Living
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA)
- Tech Connections
- The College Board
- Volunteer Match